2023 Award Information | Purpose of the Award | Award Eligibility | Award Recipient Duties | Previous Award Winners
About the 2023 Professional Development Award
The Call for the 2023 Professional Development Award cycle is forthcoming. Stay tuned for more information!
The purpose of this award is to cultivate a talented, dedicated, and educated group of professionals for the ARLIS/NA organization as well as for the ARLIS/NA-SE chapter. The award is a cash sum to be used to defray expenses associated with professional development activities at an annual ARLIS/NA conference, ARLIS regional meeting, or other ARLIS-sponsored professional development activity.
Any individual meeting these criteria may apply for the award; however, first-time attendees are given preference.
- Currently reside in the geographic area served by the ARLIS/NA-SE chapter (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, and the U.S. Virgin Islands).
- Membership in ARLIS/NA-SE and ARLIS/NA at the time of application is not required, although preference will be given to current ARLIS/NA-SE members.
- Currently be either employed in the field of art librarianship and/or visual resources curatorship, or enrolled in an educational program leading to a graduate degree in librarianship.
- Current students, individuals beginning their professional career within the field of Art Information in the past five years, and paraprofessionals who are becoming active in ARLIS/NA or ARLIS/SE for the first time may be included.
- Recipients of the award may not reapply in future years.
Award Recipient Duties
The award recipient is expected to:
- Participate in the ARLIS/NA Conference Networking program (if they have not previously done so).
- Attend the ARLIS/NA-SE Chapter meeting at the annual ARLIS/NA conference.
- Submit a written report on his/her/their conference activities within one month of the conference. The report should be submitted to the ARLIS/NA-SE webmaster to be posted to the ARLIS/NA-SE webpage.
- Serve on the 2023 Professional Development Award Committee and subsequently chair the committee in 2024.