The Southeast Chapter of the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/SE) is accepting proposals for presentations at the 2023 Annual Conference, which will be held at Western Carolina University in Sylva, North Carolina on October 18th – 20th, 2023. Come to the mountains!
This year we will be hosting both lightning rounds and presentations. Lightning rounds are typically 5-10 minutes in length and presentations are to be 20 minutes in length. Both types of presentations will be followed by a question-and-answer period. Presentations may discuss, but are not limited to, the following topics and themes:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Library initiatives or projects, mentoring, critical librarianship
- Assessment: Assessment Plans, Performance Funding Metrics, Altmetrics
- Collections: Archives, Special Collections, Open Educational Resources, Collection Development
- Digital Scholarship: Digital Humanities, Born-Digital Resources, Metadata, Scholarly Communication, Institutional Repositories, Asset Management
- Instruction: Information Literacy, Visual Literacy, ACRL Frameworks, Curriculum Development, Pedagogy, Embedded Librarianship, Instructional Technology, Professional Development
- Outreach: Marketing, Promotion, Institutional Partnerships, Subject Liaisons, Programming, Exhibitions
- Spaces: Makerspaces, Renovations, New Construction, Learning Labs
Please submit proposals of no more than 250 words via this Google Form by September 11. Accepted proposals will be notified by September 15, 2023. Send any questions to Kristina or Ann. We look forward to reading your proposals and to seeing you at the conference!
The conference hotel is the Blue Ridge Inn and we have rooms set aside for the conference. These rooms are available to reserve until the end of August. Please go ahead and make a reservation if you are submitting a proposal, just in case. There are other hotels and air bnb’s in the area, let Cara know if you need recommendations. More info is on the way regarding the program and excursions.
2023 Program Planning Committee
Cara Barker, Chair